Wednesday, February 10

Coffee Mug Cake.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

I’m sure korang pernah dengar of cakes that you can make (or bake!) in a microwave and, I have to admit, the first time I saw a recipe for one I was unconvinced. I mean, how can you make a cake in just minutes? So, I set out to cuba-try-test the theory. And guess what? You CAN make a cake in minutes in the microwave … and they’re YUMMY!

Here.

I made a single serving coffee cake in a mug.

I have been experimenting with different recipes of mug cakes ever since I heard about them about a year ago. And I must say, this mug cake is the perfect treat to help fulfill a coffee cake craving. And part paling best about this dessert is that it’s quick and easy, and you can have it ready in under 5 minutes (approximately!), start to finish.

Ingredients:
  • Self-rising flour - 3 tbsp
  • Condensed milk - 3 tbsp
  • Melted butter - 2 tbsp
  • Hot water - 4 tbsp
  • Instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
  • Walnuts/almonds/chocolate chip/etc. - a fistful (optional)
Method:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. 
  2. Microwave on high for 1 minute. (Time depends on microwave wattage). 
  3. Top with Nutella if desired.
Note:
  • If you don't happen to have self rising flour, here's an easy way to make a substitute for this coffee mug cake:
    • All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
    • Baking powder - 1/8tsp
    • Baking soda - a pinch
  • For extra density, fat and, most importantly, flavor – you may substitute hot water with fresh milk.
  • Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to increase cooking time. Mine took exactly a minute on a 900W microwave.
Makes 1 very large serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: