Monday, February 1

Valaikaappu : Adat Resam Mamak [India Muslim].

As I have said in my earlier post, Inai, these are the pictures of the Valaikaappu's kenduri which was held at my house on 31 January 2010. Nak tahu apa kejadahnya itu Valaikaappu ? Rujuk balik this entry.

 
Para tetamu waiting for the event to start.

My sister's mother-in-law & my grandmother starting up the event.

My sister's mother-in-law putting on the bangle on my sister's hand.

My grandmother putting on the bangle on my sister's hand.

There are actually three steps done during the Valaikaappu's ceremony.

Suapkan the paal soru.
Paal soru means 'milk rice' and is a traditional dish for festive or special occasions.

  
Pakaikan the bangles.

 And . . . sapukan 'santhanam' on the face.
Please don't ask me why.

So yeah. That was just about what took place yesterday.
Fun, but tiring. For all of us in the family.
I snap-snapped lotsa pictures and xde orang nak snapkan my picture. So sad. Haha !

But . . . I sempat snap-gedix before the event started in my room. Wee~


Tu larh my dress for that special occasion. Haha.

Note : I now know the tujuan why they did this. Kononnya nak bagi the baby listen to the sound of the bangles. Mengarut bukan ?

5 comments:

noorafzan.blogspot.com said...

ooo...baru tahu..=)

Sakira said...

Noor Afzan : Bagus-bagus :)

Emy Razak said...

my dear,
y 2009? kite skunk da 2010 okeyh!
hee...
nyway, nice majlis lor...
pnuh ngn adat. =)

Sakira said...

Emy : Alamak ! *Malu-malu*.
Haha ! Saya still di alam 2009 g kot.
Thanq for tegur ! I change skang gak :)

Penuh ngan adat ntah pape je.
Saya x paham. Haha !

yerrapragada said...

Hey there:) , as far as i know , India muslim and mamak are two different term which are often mistakenly used interchangably...india muslim like the name suggests , indians who are muslims while mamaks are people who are childrens of malay and indian mixed parentage.Correct me if i am wrong.
Btw , interesting event.:)
http://tharachandra.blogspot.com/