Friday, April 2

English Is Important, Tapi . . .

Memang I undeniably agree that English is an important language for all human beings. It doesn’t matter which country they’re from to use the language English. Malaysia, China, India, Japan ? You name it.

Memang semua country should be given the chance to learn and power the language English. Cause it’s the one and only global language which can be used by all kind of people to communicate together without caring for where they originate from.

Contoh ; if a person from Japan wants to communicate to people in Malaysia who doesn’t know Japanese language - English is the only language they can use to communicate together. So, it doesn’t matter if they are from different countries, all they gotta do is just use the language English to communicate and for sure both parties will understand.


Okay. Gempak tak my introduction ? Memang it cannot be denied that many parents are now bringing up their child dari kecil lagi with the language English kan ? Dari kecil-kecil lagi A for Apple, B for Ball. No more A for Ayam and B for Bola. LOL !

So, the thing I wanna share to you guys today is about what happened at my workplace a few days ago. Ohh yeah, korang tau kan I work at a tuition ? During my post Berbaloi Ker, I was still indecisive, but after that - I masuk jer for that job. Hehe~

Back to the topic, what happened at my workplace a few days ago . . . The kids at tuition had Bahasa Melayu (BM), okay. They were given out handouts to jawab larh kan. And they pun buat-buat. And then, one by one ada jer these kids asking questions in English in a BM class what’s this - what’s that. And the poor BM teacher has to explain it in English for those kids to understand.

So, whats the big deal sampai I nak buat an entry today ? Logically, BM class you’re supposed to speak fully BM. English class you’re supposed to speak fully English. Vice versa larh kan ? Kan, kan, kan ?

Korang rasa masuk akal ker when you’re teaching BM and then one budak comes and asks you like this - “Teacher, what is silaturrahim ?" And the pronunciation was way off I tell you !


I think by common sense, you’re supposed to learn BM and BI equally. Then you’re balanced. That’s when you can pass your BM & BI together. Equally larh kan. Ini tak . . . budak-budak ni (including budak-budak Melayu taw !) really fluently speaking away in English.

Okay. I respect them nonetheless sebab fluent. But still, hello ! Mana BM awak ? Ohh yeah, lupa nak mention. Most of these kids fail their BM by the way.

Note : Aku pun fluent gak BI during my schooling time, but bila masuk jer waktu BM - the teacher was strict and said, “Class BM, cakap BM”.

+ Note : Time I entered the college, there was just one too many subjects in BM, so I jadi fluent in BM. There was only one to two subjects fully taught in English. And so . . . my English went into the longkang. LOL !